[lit-ideas] Correction to stats on food waste

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 16:27:02 -0800 (PST)

I remembered that article all wrong.  I mixed it up with something else.  This
is the article with the stats on how much food we waste at the consumer level.
"When Americans throw out an estimated 204 million pounds of turkey meat this
Thanksgiving, they will also be wasting the 1 million tons of carbon dioxide
and 95 billion gallons of water used to produce that turkey."  Humans are not
gentle on the earth's resources, needless to say.

http://www.greatenergychallengeblog.com/blog/2011/11/22/the-hidden-poundage-of-turkey-day/

Andy