[lit-ideas] Re: Conundrum of the Carpe D.

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 17:40:42 +0000 (GMT)

He trained in and played for their youth team, which takes people from the age
of nine. ( But people do say "Arsenal" when they mean "Arsenal
Academy/Arsenal's youth team".) He signed for Arsenal when he was 17.  He has
now signed a long-term contract.

My next door neighbour's son was to try out for Cardiff City, i.e. Cardiff
City's Youth Academy, when he was about that age.  He had to miss the trial
because of an accident -- he cut his arm very badly'; he is thank goodness OK
now  -- and apparently, he may have lost his chance of playing for it/training
in it.  Not that he can't try again, but it was the crucial time.

(He's a great kid, too.)

anyway...

Judy Evans, Cardiff