[lit-ideas] Re: Clint

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 21:47:01 -0800

and he was also the mayor of Carmel.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: <JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 9:19 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Clint

I am unceasingly amazed by people.

Clint Eastwood on Leno tonight -- I liked him in a couple of the spaghetti westerns, loved him in Madison County (a film which I think I've mentioned all males loathe and all women adore) and was surprised he could step out of the stereotypical role and really *act*. The 190-ish-year old Clint came on Leno tonight, looking like a skeleton, haggard, thin, and he was .....funny!! Very wry wit, very fast wit. And......apparently he composes music?! AND.....Leno played a bit of an LP that Clint made when he was .... oh, who knows ..... in his twenties? He sang Cole Porter's "Don't Fence Me In". His voice was wonderful -- velvety, smooth, endearing. None of the "gruffness" displayed in his acting pieces. And he's apparently a very well esteemed director and producer.

Who knew.

Okay, all of you.  So why didn't anyone tell me?

Julie Krueger