[lit-ideas] Re: Cheney & God

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:04:44 EDT

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/24/national/24ARNO.final.html?adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=
1088186565-
<<Mr. Schwarzenegger, in an interview in the Bedouin-style smoking tent he
has set up in the courtyard of the State Capitol here " " smoking is banned in
state buildings â?? made it clear that he expected a prominent role at the
Republican National Convention in New York in late August.
"Whether I'm speaking, I'll leave that up to them," said Mr. Schwarzenegger,
a global celebrity who has emerged as perhaps the most intriguing new
Republican face of the political season. "If they're smart, they'll have me
obviously
in prime time."
But Mr. Schwarzenegger, who has been defining himself as a moderate, also
made it clear that when prime time is over, he intends to keep some distance
from
Mr. Bush, who is not particularly popular in Democratic-leaning California.>>
Julie Krueger