[lit-ideas] Re: Bush the Sphinx

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 06:31:15 -0400

Somehow giving someone a label of religious ex-boozer doesn't strike me as a bang up job of spinning an embarrassing past.

___

The point was that Bush's PR teams can use the religious ex-boozer persona to spin any embarrassing things from Bush's past, allegations of snorting cocaine at Camp David under Bush I, for example, as in Kitty Kelley's book.

That someone is unknown does not make them bumbling or otherwise. Bush could be an arch-fiend, a Chauncey Gardener, a misunderstood and misled fall guy ... anything.

To me he's unknown...can't get a handle on him at all.