[lit-ideas] Re: British support of Omar Bakri Muhammed

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:39:18 -0000

More innacuracies.

Bawer says that, "Even his car had been acquired free of charge under a
government program" Which is false. The Motability scheme requires payment. See:

http://www.motability.co.uk/Templates/Internal.asp?nodeid=89578

That took me three minutes to find on the net - most of it spent locating the
Telegraph article. It's a shame Bawer didn't spend more time on his research.

Also note that Omar's wife most likely receives Child Benefit payments for her
children in with her benefit package, which 'is thought to' amount to £1,300
per month. Would it have been better for the children to starve?

I do have concern for Lawrence's reading.

Simon