[lit-ideas] Re: British free known terrorists

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 18:30:35 +0000 (GMT)

> On 9-11, New Yorkers tried dealing with it as a Fire
> Department matter. Bad idea.

well, Eric, it is not for New Yorkers alone to do anything but send for the
Fire Department (for workers paid less than their equivalents here, I believe),
nor was it possible.  On and after 7/7 and 21/7, here, an internal police
action made sense.

(And didn't you invade Afghanistan?)

> Probably dealing with it as a "drones with hellfire
> missiles" matter evinces better results.

send the drones into Crawley (Omar Khyam)?

The Telegraph names 2 prisoners, of the 46.  One is Khalid Khaliq, who answered
the police call for information after 7/7. He was a friend of Mohammad Sidique
Khan and Shehzad Tanweer.  His conviction is for possessing a CD containing "Al
Quaeda training material" downloaded from a DOJ web site.  He was freed on bail
pending trial. At trial, he was sentenced to 16 months in gaol.  I don't know
what his licence conditions are, whether he will be barred from using computers
(that's among the restrictions the Telegraph lists).

Judy Evans, Cardiff