[lit-ideas] Re: Big Army versus Special Forces

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 22:44:44 -0800

The same dynamics exists in Silicon Valley between the contractors (the highly-skilled experts who work freelance) vs the CEOs and VPs of Big Corps. The contractors laugh at CEOs. Small teams of contractors can build projects in a few months in a flat network with only a little team coordination. Big corps waste millions of dollars and years to build something that often barely works.

It's not "Big Government" that is inefficient. It's Big Anything. Filled with lifers, clueless managers, and figurehead CEOs, it's remarkable they stay in business. It moves by inertia.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian" <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>