[lit-ideas] Re: Best Philosopher ("favourite" philosopher)

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 16:58:00 EDT

My Mother used to have a retail gift shop called "A Serendipity".  She
routinely got mail addressed to "Ms. Sarah Dippity".  Just thought I'd  throw
that
in.  I'm sorting through a large wooden chest that came over  from Germany
with immigrants in the 1800's and which I purchased at an antique  shop several
years ago.  It is stuffed to the brim with children's school  work and art work
and printed out this and that's I didn't know where else to  put.  I'm
picking up each piece of paper, deciding if it belongs in a  childrens'
precious
work box, an information gleaned from the computer box, or  the trash, so that
can move the chest from the bedroom into the living room  (Jim suggests I'll
need to rent a crane -- it will have to somehow be lifted  *over* the bed) and
fill it with extra blankets, pillows, comforters for guest  use.  And you
wonder why I sound loopy.  Loopier than usual.   I've been at it for hours.
This
is the 7th circle of hell.  Or  perhaps early purgatory.  Why do I do these
things?!?!

Julie Krueger
cross-eyed
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Best Philosopher
("favourite"  philosopher)  Date: 6/8/05 3:46:58 P.M. Central Daylight Time
From: _pas@xxxxxxxxx (mailto:pas@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 04:41 PM 6/8/2005, you wrote:
>on another  philosophy list, people are all up in arms because this list
>doesn't  include enough women
>

>Maybe we should all use female  variants of our names to confound them
>
>Erica Yost
>Paula  Stone

Well, I have been called Paula before since my middle name starts  with "a"
and sometimes, people print it a LITTLE too close to the first  word. I
actually once answered "here" to that in a university freshman class  roll
call. I never lived that down.