[lit-ideas] Re: Anscombe Society threats

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 01:51:33 -0500

>>Any thoughts on the current Mr. Mayor?

Okay, here's a real situation. Empirical results. You can't get any more real. Someone in my family had an emergency, I wrote to every elected official I could find, an E-mail marked "URGENT." Here are the results:

NYC City Controller: responded quickly and helped.

Mayor Bloomberg: Never responded. Never helped. Thanks, Mike.

Governor Pataki: responded after one week with a form letter.

Congresswomen Carol Maloney (Dem-NY): responded immediately, gave me the number of her assistant, called him, helped a lot, and solved the problem.

Hillary Clinton: responded five months later with a useless form letter.

Politics in action. I rest my case.

Eric