[lit-ideas] Re: And another one bites the dust.

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 00:01:50 -0600

AR

Williams started the Crips, one of the worst gangs in the US.

What? You've never heard of the Neocons?

They still are involved in drugs, murder, extortion, and they are perhaps even in Congress.

The Neocons, you mean. Yes, I know. Not only are they in Congress, they control the U. S. Government. They're corrupt, fascist, murdering thugs.

Entire neighborhoods are destroyed because of the gangs.

Entire nations are destroyed because of the Neocons. Entire cities left to rot.

After years in prison, Williams finally contributed something to society, yes, but he created a tremendous amount of damage that far outweighs his contributions.

Williams probably killed four people, certainly he was convicted of those crimes. Killing another human being is the most grievous act a human being can commit. It is irremediable, irreversible, irreconcilable. The only justification I can ever see for killing another human being is to stop someone in the act of killing another -- even then only if there is no other recourse. Williams could never "pay" for his crimes. There's no equivalency for a life. Nor can the states ever pay for killing a thousand people over the last 28 years. Killings that I consider as morally unjustifiable as Williams' were.

Mike Geary
Memphis