[lit-ideas] Re: America Against the World

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:57:15 -0700

You really should get out more, Mike.  Many people out there are really
considering what is best to do.  Your "don't do anything and hope for the
best" approach is called pacifism on the left and realism on the right.
Those who have studied Iran shudder at the thought of not doing anything.
Those who have studied Iran and would like not to do anything can't bring
themselves to accept a nuclear Iran.

However, I must admit that staying inside and pulling the cover over one's
head is an old tried and true approach for a lot of issues.  I have a dog
who puts her head under something after she's been in the backyard eating
poop and I go after her with a paper towel to wash her mouth out.

Lawrence

  _____