[lit-ideas] Alternate Original Titles (Was: "The Inside of His Head"/"Death of a Salesman")

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:46:18 EST

In a message dated 2/13/2005 12:05:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx writes:
In a  message dated 2/13/2005 12:00:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ballnw@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Of  interest? Miller thought about  entitling Salesman,  "The Inside of
His   Head"

Wm

William Ball
Norma   Ball=20

----

I wonder if we could survey or checklist the phenomenon.

I am reminded of A. E. Housman, "A Shropshire Lad", originally called  "Poems
by Terence Hearsay".

I believe Shakespeare thought of calling "Macbeth" otherwise, too?

Cheers,

JL

----

[RTF]  Cardinal Classic XIII: The Legend of Zwarte  Piet
File Format: Rich Text  Format - View as HTML
... Dying Young.â??  Originally called Poems by Terence Hearsay, that title ...
stupid  stuff.â??
FTP, name this 1896 collection by AE Housman. Answer: A  Shropshire Lad. ...
quizbowl.stanford.edu/archive/ccxiii/cc-final1.rtf - Similar pages