[lit-ideas] Re: Adam's Spare-Rib and The Fall from Eden

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:08:11 -0700

On Oct 23, 2007, at 11:00 PM, Mike Geary wrote:
I'm a realist. A Mexican, yes, a Vietnamese, of course, maybe even a Romanian, but a woman??? Women WANT help, for Christ's sake. Maybe those chroniclers got it all wrong. Maybe the first man was a WOMAN. And God quickly saw she didn't know which end of the hammer to hold so he ripped a rib and created MAN, the drywall hanger. This narrative makes a hell of a lot more sense to me. I don't know ancient Hebrew, but I'll bet if the scholars dare go back far enough they see that what we now call "woman" was created first.

:)
This is the end
he's run from the land
and beauty is saved
by a valorous band

The POGO Stepmother Goose.

David Ritchie, no relation to Precious Ramotswe but still
wondering about the moon and late cows in
Portland, Oregon