[lit-ideas] Re: Adam's Navel

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:49:51 +0900

On 10/24/07, Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Actually, it's the appendix that useless (sofar as we know).  Remember the
> > joke: "the Polish Academy of Science has announce the first succesfuly
> > appendix transplant."   [sorry, all Poles, both north and south].

Mike,

You haven't been following the news. Start  with a quick Google search
for "appendix useful after all" Top 10 hits when I did it were

Results 1 - 10 of about 5,400,000 for Appendix useful after all. (0.27 seconds)

Appendix may be useful after all - More Health News - MSNBC.com
Some scientists think they have figured out the real job of the
troublesome and seemingly useless appendix: It produces and protects
good germs for your ...
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21153898/ - 52k - Cached - Similar pages

The appendix may be useful after all - That's Fit
But researchers from Duke University Medical School believe that
they've discovered the appendix was once useful after all. Their
theory is that the small ...
www.thatsfit.com/2007/10/ 06/the-appendix-may-be-useful-after-all/ -
58k - Cached - Similar pages

Spluch: Appendix Is Useful After All, Scientists Say
Appendix Is Useful After All, Scientists Say. Appendix Some scientists
think they have figured out the real job of the troublesome and
seemingly useless ...
spluch.blogspot.com/2007/10/
appendix-is-useful-after-all-scientists.html - 53k - Cached - Similar
pages

Appendix Might Be Useful After All - Associated Content
Check out Appendix Might Be Useful After All - Submitted by Shirley
Gregory at Associated Content.
www.associatedcontent.com/article/
407720/appendix_might_be_useful_after_all.html - 48k - Cached -
Similar pages

Appendix May Be Useful After All > NewHeavenNewEarth > News ...
APPENDIX MAY BE USEFUL AFTER ALL SEEMINGLY USELESS ORGAN MAY PRODUCE,
PROTECT GOOD GERMS FOR YOUR GUT Associated Press October 5, 2007 ...
www.nhne.org/.../tabid/400/articleType/ArticleView/
articleId/3672/Appendix-May-Be-Useful-After-All.aspx - 65k - Cached -
Similar pages
Appendix Is Useful After All, Scientists Say - AOL News

WASHINGTON (AP) - Some scientists think they have figured out the real
job of the troublesome and seemingly useless appendix: It produces and
protects good ...
news.aol.com/story/_a/
appendix-is-useful-after-all-scientists/20071005184009990001 - 82k -
Cached - Similar pages

The appendix may be useful after all @ joshmadison.com
The appendix may be useful after all. Scientists think it may help
good bacteria and "reboot" the digestive system if things go awry. ...
blog.joshmadison.com/2007/ 10/the-appendix-may-be-useful-after-all/ -
11k - Cached - Similar pages

Appendix is useful after all, scientists say | www.azstarnet.com (R)
Appendix is useful after all, scientists say. By Seth Borenstein. The
Associated Press. Tucson, Arizona | Published: 10.06.2007.
advertisement ...
www.azstarnet.com/sn/85607/204876 - 26k - Cached - Similar pages

The appendix may be useful after all « Later On
Diseases such as cholera or amoebic dysentery would clear the gut of
useful bacteria. The appendix's job is to reboot the digestive system
in that case. ...
leisureguy.wordpress.com/2007/
10/06/the-appendix-may-be-useful-after-all/ - 57k - Cached - Similar
pages

Hold the scalpel, appendix may be useful after all - BostonHerald.com
Tonsils, you're up next. Duke University researchers have discovered a
use for the presumed-useless comma on our large intestine: the
appendix.
www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/ general/view.bg?articleid=1036496
- Similar pages

Cheers,