[Linuxtrent] Re: undelete ext3!

  • From: Matteo Ianeselli <m.ianeselli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linuxtrent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 02 Jul 2003 20:56:22 +0200

Il mer, 2003-07-02 alle 19:14, Emanuele Olivetti ha scritto:

> Qualcuno ha migliori news?

Spiacente, ma dalla FAQ a
http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/FAQs/ext3-faq.html

Q: How can I recover (undelete) deleted files from my ext3 partition?

Actually, you can't! This is what one of the developers, Andreas Dilger,
said about it:

In order to ensure that ext3 can safely resume an unlink after a crash,
it actually zeros out the block pointers in the inode, whereas
ext2 just marks these blocks as unused in the block bitmaps and marks
the inode as "deleted" and leaves the block pointers alone.

Your only hope is to "grep" for parts of your files that have been
deleted and hope for the best.

Il che mi pare chiuda la questione senza appelli.

Per il futuro, backup, backup e ancora backup.

--
 _|_/  _\_|  _|____|___|___|  manent, data corrupted