[Linuxtrent] Re: security & privacy 06

  • From: "Roberto Resoli" <roberto.resoli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linuxtrent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 15:49:34 +0200

--- cut ---

Preoccupante quello che dicono sulla predicibilità del RNG di openWRT ....
speriamo che siano corsi ai ripari ....

Interessanti anche
alcuni commenti (non lusinghieri) sulla qualita` del codice e il suo
essere open source (ok, free software).

Dalle conclusioni : ================================ "Open" is not a synonym for "secure". We feel that the open source community should have a better policy for security sensitive software components. These components should not be treated as other source elements. We suggest to add a better quality assurance procedure for the cryptographic elements of the kernel. For example, the PRNG must pass statistical tests which can be put into the kernel build process. Open source must also have, in our opinion, a clear and updated documentation of the algorithms used in the code. Such documentation could have saved us from the trouble of reverse engineering the code, and would have provided better access for other researchers to review the security of the LRNG. ======================================================

... condivido completamente.

Ciao,
Rob