[linux-cirrus] Re: wot to do with the Maverick Crunch patches?

  • From: Robert Whaley <rwhaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 15:15:13 -0500

Robert Whaley wrote:
Caglar Akyuz wrote:

cmoschel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

---- Stuart Wood <stuart.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've asked for details from three different source, Avnet, my local rep, and
on the arm.cirrus.com site and have gotten three
different answers, but the general gist is that the EP93xx parts will be
available. Has anyone heard the fate of the EP9407?
I was told that early eval boards were available, but turned down borrowing
one due to a lack of time.

I understand, from someone who had it designed in, that it is cancelled:

I agree, a public statement is certainly deserved.

Lead software developer of Cirrus had made a statement. I don't get
what kind of another legal statement is needed here.
Caglar

An official statement is needed so we know what the actual situation is. Instead of getting "three different answers".

It's irresponsible not to let loyal customers know what the future plans are.

Fuzzy words like "for quite some time" aren't very useful to folks who have businesses based on products containg these processors (I'm talking about my customers here, not ourselves, we are well diversified amoungst ARM vendors).

FWIW: our rep is now saying hopefully by the end of the month the new support structure will be in place and Cirrus will make an announcement once that is done.