[linux-cirrus] Re: Yet another MaverickCrunch hardware bug?

  • From: "Hasjim Williams" <linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:27:13 +1000

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:33 +0000, "Martin Guy" <martinwguy@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On 3/27/09, Hasjim Williams <linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On another topic, where do these patches come from? Are the OE
> arm-crunch patches your work? I ask because I would like to get them
> into the mainline sources, and GNU insist on clear licensing terms. I
> see the OE repository is covered by a single blanket MIT license, but
> they want a separate discplaimer in every file. I hate it, but that's
> the game.

The arm-crunch patches that went into OE were written by me and based of
the earlier work by Nucleusys and Redhat.  Since I released them to
OpenEmbedded, I thought they'd be under GPL, rather than LGPL.

Anyhow, I'm happy to release them under whatever license is needed for
them to be pushed into mainline gcc.