[linux-cirrus] Re: Yet another MaverickCrunch hardware bug?

---- Martin Guy <martinwguy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2/15/09, Ryan Mallon <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  When I run the binary, I consistently get a crash on an illegal
> >  instruction. Running in gdb I get:
> >
> >  (gdb) r
> >  Starting program: /paranoia
> >
> >  Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
> >  0x0000950c in main ()
>
> That's strange. 950c is the first Maverick insn in the binary,
>
> $ objdump -d -z paranaoia2-crunch-ieee-O2 | less
> 00009508 <main>:
>     9508:       e92d4ff0        push    {r4, r5, r6, r7, r8, r9, sl, fp, lr}
>     950c:       ed6df402        cfstrd  mvd15, [sp, #-8]!
>     9510:       e1a00000        nop                     (mov r0,r0)
>
> Is the Maverick enabled in your kernel?

Oops, good point.  Now it is.  Ran once (snipped output):

Diagnosis resumes after milestone Number 220          Page: 12

The number of  FAILUREs  encountered =       1.
The number of  SERIOUS DEFECTs  discovered = 2.
The number of  DEFECTs  discovered =         5.
The number of  FLAWs  discovered =           1.

The arithmetic diagnosed has unacceptable Serious Defects.
Potentially fatal FAILURE may have spoiled this program's subsequent diagnoses.
END OF TEST.

Running again segfaults, and the copy has changed:

192:~# ./foo > foo.out
Segmentation fault
192:~# md5sum par*O2 foo
757cedaba114d87793948006d633e10c  paranoia2-crunch-ieee-O2
08918800fdb5d47c24bd122bca30795f  foo

Would the entire output be helpful?  Let me know what other tests you want.

regards, ....... Charlie