[Linux-Anyway] Re: internet connection via earthlink

  • From: Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 10:25:41 -0800 (PST)

  Hey Norbie,

> I have managed to set things up properly for my local ISP (I've
> set it up as device 'ppp0' under the 'network device control'
> window)- I can send & retrieve mail (at least using ximian for
> now, haven't gotten pine and fetchmail going yet) and I can
> browse the internet no problem.

> Now, here's the rub:  I'm trying to set up a second device
> (ppp1) for a second ISP (Earthlink), and I've set it up
> basically the same as for the first ISP (changing only the
> appropriate login, etc. type of stuff).  But I can't get a
> connection established.

  It's been a long time since I've used it, so I don't remember
about setting up more than one ppp connection, but there's Brian
Johnson's excellent (& really easy to use) DUNWizard in the
LAFiles directory:

http://Aeon-AL.Net/nix/LAFiles/

  This is a very small, simple script which asks you a few
questions on the command line.  Try it out -- it got me on-line
when I was using a modem when nothing else would.

  Meph

--
  Fertility is hereditary.  If your parents didn't have any
  children, neither will you.