[Linux-Anyway] Re: Heh. I can be German;-)

  • From: horrorvacui@xxxxxxx
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:12:07 +0200

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:53:56 -0700 (PDT)
Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Horror,
>
>   Bigot;-).

Kraut ;-)

> > Hell no - you're a Yank and will stay one for ever. Well, for
> > years at least...
>
>   Hey, don't knock one's sex life, eh?;-)

Woopsy. I gather the word has other meanings besides being a short form
for "Yankee", eh?

> > Needless to say, if you turn out to be German, that'll be the
> > end of european culture and civilisation ;-)
>
>   Well, it's only fair to spread it round -- I've been the bain
> of America since I'd first opened my eyes, after all.

ROFL. Perhaps Dubya could sell the getting rid of you as the presentable
success he seems so desperate for nowadays.

> > So go on and profit from this idiotic legislation - that way,
> > something good would come of it. And wherever you choose to
> > live, avoid Bavaria.
>
>   But Bavaria is the only place to be!

Yep, any foreigner will have a reverence for Bavaria... Some like the
Neuschwanstein, Oktoberfest, some the beer, some like the Weisswurst, and
in most cases it'll be simply the fact that it's the only province they
know of. As I was still foreign enough to like Bavaria, it was because I
liked BMW's (Bikes rather than cars), and because it was the only province
I knew. Alas, when you learn to know it better... In fact, that's the most
conservative, provincial, reactionary, clerus-infested part of germany.
For example, in whole of Bavaria there's only two places that will do
abortions - "abortion tourism" is a term coined to describe bavarian women
travelling to the more liberal north to abort a child. Or another one:
it's still mandatory to have crucifixes in bavarian schoolrooms, although
the "Verfassungsgerichtshof" - the supreme court - decided on several
occasions that it's against the constitution. It's the german version of
the "bible belt". As a commie, liberal and a foreigner I'd prefer living
somewhere else.

The good thing about german citizenship is that it's in fact an EU
citizenship, so you don't have to live in germany. You can live somewhere
more pleasant like Spain, Holland, France... When I apply for an austrian
citizenship it'll have the sole purpose of enabling me to quit Austria.
Not quite the idea behind citizenship grants, eh?

> Of course, if I can, I
> ~will~ profit from idiotic legislation.  And why not?  Would you
> have me continue to suffer in this country when I have the option
> to suffer elsewhere?

As long as you suffer, you can do it anywhere ;-)
Why shouldn't you profit from the legislation? My rants about it weren't
intended to discourage you in any way.  Just go ahead, Fritz.

Cheers

--
Horror Vacui

Registered Linux user #257714