[Linux-Anyway] Re: Have I hosted an open mail relay?

  • From: horrorvacui@xxxxxxx
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:46:18 +0100

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 13:42:17 +0100
"Godwin Stewart" <gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Don't worry too much, but expect to see a few more bounce messages and
> maybe a few disgruntled netizens replying to you.

Yes, this is fairly reassuring - at least only my identity, and not my
hardware has been used. The mercilessly steady trickle of spam sometimes
gets me, leaving me pickled in hate for this scum - and here a new
dimension. God rot their bones.

By the way, "I" appear to have spammed mostly aol users, I've got two
bounces so far, both aol. Also, "my" spamming so far appears not to have
been very large scale, otherwise I'd expect bounces comming in floods
(though perhaps the address list might have been fairly accurate). Perhaps
it's yet to come.

Thanks

--
Horror Vacui