[Linux-Anyway] Fetchmail error & sendmail & keyboard

  • From: Meph Istopheles <Meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux Anyway <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 02:35:33 -0800 (PST)

  Damn, haven't had to deal with this in so long:

 1. Fetchmail keeps sending me this message:

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Meph Istopheles wrote:

> Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 02:24:06 -0800
> From: Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: meph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: cron: /usr/bin/fetchmail -a
>
> fetchmail: can't accept options while a background fetchmail is running.

  I can't remember or find how to shut that message down.

 2. As slack doesn't have postfix, I'll have to download it
tomorrow.  If I shut down sendmail tonight, is there anything
which might start it up again?  I've not set it to start on boot
yet, so it shouldn't if they system spontaniously reboots.

 3. I've set my primary language to English_GB, but my keyboard
to standard US 101-key (blah-blah-blah), but I think the map is
British, as I not only have some symbols in odd places, I also
have the pound sterling symbol (what the hell is that thing
called?) in the terminal.

  How do I reset these things?

--
  If God didn't mean for us to juggle, tennis balls wouldn't come
  three to a can.