[Linux-Anyway] Damn P-II

  • From: Meph Istopheles <Meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux Anyway <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 14:59:35 -0700 (PDT)

  Thanks to Scott, I got a workable install boot disk, but I'm
still not set up with anything on the 'puter.  While it installs
cdrom drivers, & I can cd to the drive (even pull up the dir), it
won't automatically start the install.

  I'd tried cd'ing to the drive & running setup there, but I got
an error that it cannot run setup.exe in dos mode.  OK, so I copy
the cd to the c: drive & try again.  All I get it the same error.

  Guess I'll reinstall the bios, as there haven't been any
updates since I'd last installed it.  Maybe a fresh bios will get
the cdrom to boot.

  Meph

--
  Speak roughly to your little VAX,