[Linux-Anyway] Re: Bash stuff

  • From: Scott Robbins <scottro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 21:07:36 -0500

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 05:18:18PM -0700, Meph Istopheles wrote:

>   Scott & all,
>
>   Found it.
>

>   Well, don't have a .Xdefaults either.  But the doc I found (in
> French) explained it.  Don't know why I don't have a .Xdefaults,
> don't know why, as the doc I'd found suggested I use, I didn't
> have a .inputrc either.  Anyway, made one & entered:

Sorry--neglected to mention that I had to create the
.Xdefaults--actually, my first question was to get it so that the
default xterminal was rxvt.  There are two possibilities, .Xdefaults and
.Xclients, both of which had to be made.  I think I first used
.Xresources to get the term to be rxvt.

However, I then made the .Xdefaults for the backspace thing. Now, it
wasn't bothering to look at .Xresources (or the other way around, I've
already forgotten.)

So, do you speak French?

--
Scott ne parles pas Francis, err Francais.

PGP keyID EB3467D6 (1B48 077d 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6 )

 Angel: Donuts?
Wesley: Developed a sweet fang, have you?