[Linux-Anyway] Back to text-based browsers in cigwin

  • From: "Meph Istopheles" <Meph@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Anyway" <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:08:51 -0700

  OK.

  Well, I've tried numerous ways to get w3m to compile -- even
different releases & forms.  Anyway, I can't find a cigwin
configure package.  I found make, but there doesn't seem to be a
configure, & there's nothing in the docs or scripts which says
anything about it.

  Anyway, I installed links.  This appears to be better than lynx
(a damn-sight better than lynx), but I can't figure out exactly
how to change the colours.  I've seen reference in Google to
people having made colour changes -- even found the html code
colours which links accepts.  But I can't find even one links.cfg
file or any other file which controls the colours.

  Anyone here a links user & knows how to change those annoying
colours.  White on black may be better than black on white, but
all the links are white too.  Not good.

  Meph

--
  "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
  -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux