[Linux-Anyway] Re: Back on fonts

  • From: Horror Vacui <horrorvacui@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:28:52 +0200

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 10:53:56 -0700 (PDT)
Meph wrote:

>   Morning Godwin,
>
> > > export LANG=pl_PL
>
> > That should have been export LANG=pl_PL.iso-8859-2
>
>   Tried that in .bash_profile, but still no workie.  Maybe that
> would be -- in RH -- .bashrc...?
>
>   Anyway, I'm installing gentoo in a little while, so all this
> trouble may be illiminated...or it'll be one of the small
> annoyances compared to major problems;-).

As I said on previous occasions, it all works astonishingly smooth. I
had virtually no problems with gentoo, in any case less than with debian
(I didn't use that properly, to be fair). The only annoyance with gentoo
is the devfs, which I don't "get". I've attached an usb mouse, which is
configured as /dev/psaux in the XF86Config, and it works although the
usb modules aren't loaded, and the ps/2 mouse doesn't work at all
although /dev/psaux points (or seems to point) to the ps/2... But that
has hardly anything to do with gentoo.

Cheers

--
Horror Vacui