[Linux-Anyway] Re: Back on fonts

  • From: Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:27:40 -0700 (PDT)

  Hey,

> Start by giving us the output of:

> $ locale

LANG=en_GB
LC_CTYPE="en_GB"
LC_NUMERIC="en_GB"
LC_TIME="en_GB"
LC_COLLATE=C
LC_MONETARY="en_GB"
LC_MESSAGES="en_GB"
LC_PAPER="en_GB"
LC_NAME="en_GB"
LC_ADDRESS="en_GB"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB"
LC_ALL=

> and remind us which distro you're using.

  Till Sunday, I'm still running RH 7.2 with many updates.  This
may all be moot, as I suspect gentoo handles things much more
along the Linux standards, but, till Sunday....

> My own consoles recognise characters with accents no trouble
> because I have set things up this way:

> $ locale
> LANG=en_IE@euro
> LC_CTYPE="en_IE@euro"
> LC_NUMERIC="en_IE@euro"
> LC_TIME="en_IE@euro"
> LC_COLLATE="en_IE@euro"
> LC_MONETARY="en_IE@euro"
> LC_MESSAGES="en_IE@euro"
> LC_PAPER="en_IE@euro"
> LC_NAME="en_IE@euro"
> LC_ADDRESS="en_IE@euro"
> LC_TELEPHONE="en_IE@euro"
> LC_MEASUREMENT="en_IE@euro"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_IE@euro"
> LC_ALL=

  Hmm.  And you're using Sylpheed, which IIRC renders fonts fine,
so I wouldn't be able to forward you something from one of the
Polish e-mails to see what I'm getting.

  Anyway, how would I, assuming this "euro" font is installed,
switch?  That may be a way to fool RH into doing what I want.

  Meph

--
  Banectomy, n.:
  The removal of bruises on a banana.