[Linux-Anyway] A /dev question

  • From: Meph Istopheles <Meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:34:05 -0800 (PST)

   Just wondering, my new cdrw comes up under /dev/hdd.
Naturally, as my luck goes, while the kernel recognizes it as:

hdd: Hewlett-Packard CD-Writer Plus 8200, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

none of the scsi modules install -- cdrecord -scanbus returns:

cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/pg*'.
Cannot open SCSI driver.

I can follow the howto, but shouldn't hdd actually be a link to
/dev/scd0, or something?

--
   Bumper sticker:
   "All the parts falling off this car are of the very finest