[libmill] Re: Test suite failure: OSX 10.10.3 w/ Xcode 6.3.2

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: libmill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 17:59:49 +0200

On 2015-06-23 15:28, Jim Jagielski wrote:

Under FreeBSD, with clang and -O1, all works fine!!

Just a FYI: The configure script actually generates:

CFLAGS = -g -O2 -O1

which may eventually break builds. Want me to work on the configure.ac
patch?

I've done that yesterday to make clang work out of the box. The syntax is correct AFAICS. Only the last -O flag is used by the compiler, the rest is ignored.

However, I suspect that this problem can happen even if the library is compiled with -O1 and user program is compiled with -O2. Which would mean that the workaround above is not worth much.

Btw, I've done some investigation and so far it seems that the original problem is actually a clang bug -- two simultaneous invocations of a function report same addresses for local variables.

Martin