[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: word2brl, rtf2brl and pdf2brl

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 10:42:17 -0500

Hi Christian,

These tools never worked very well. So I just dropped them, but I forgot
about the documentation. I think the references to them should just be
removed. Down the road, BrailleBlaster will import these formats and
others and make good translations. It will also have the ability to
edit the Braille.

Thanks for your work on liblouisutdml. I'm considering patches for a
couple of new features, but I don't know when they will be ready. The
help message in file2brl does need changing. It references
john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx The com needs to be changed to org .

On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 03:32:05PM +0200, Christian Egli wrote:

Hi all

The documentation for liblouisutdml still contains references to word2brl,
rtf2brl and pdf2brl. In July of 2011 these tools were removed. Maybe they
never worked across all platforms.

I can't remember why we removed these tools and what was suggested as an
alternative. What should I put in the documentation? Just drop the text
without any replacement or should I say the user can now use program foo to
achieve the same result with foo being what?

Tag der offenen Tuer - Die SBS mit allen Sinnen erleben
Die SBS laedt Sie herzlich ein: 27. Juni 2015 von 9 bis 16 Uhr. Mehr
Informationen erhalten Sie unter http://www.sbs.ch/offenetuer
project pages go to http://liblouis.org

--
John J. Boyer; President,