[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: word2brl, rtf2brl and pdf2brl

  • From: "Michael Whapples" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mwhapples@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 14:59:48 +0100

I seem to remember it being suggested to use tools like catdoc or antiword to convert word to XML or text and then translate that converted file. Similar for PDF (eg.pdftotext, pdftohtml, etc) and other formats.

Not sure why the tools were removed.

If you do remove reference to those tools but still want to have information on translating those formats then mentioning these sorts of tools for converting file format before would be useful.

Michael Whapples

On 06/05/2015 14:32, Christian Egli wrote:

Hi all

The documentation for liblouisutdml still contains references to word2brl, rtf2brl and pdf2brl. In July of 2011 these tools were removed. Maybe they never worked across all platforms.

I can't remember why we removed these tools and what was suggested as an alternative. What should I put in the documentation? Just drop the text without any replacement or should I say the user can now use program foo to achieve the same result with foo being what?

project pages go to http://liblouis.org