[liblouis-liblouisxml] table designing related question, and Liblouis releasing schedule related question

  • From: Hammer Attila <hammera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 08:10:54 +0200

Hy,

I begin working yesterday the hungarian contraction braille table. Because two days ago Chris and John helps my first steps, the table basic creation progress is begin good.
My questions:
What time schedule releasing new Liblouis stable versions? How many time I have before I need done and request commit the hungarian contraction table?

Other technical related questions:
1. Now, I regenerated the hu1 table in Linux with Brltty ttbtest utility, and doed following file structure: - hu1.ctb: because now I not known NVDA users need the 8 dot hungarian braille table or not, I begin building again this table, and keep hu.ctb file. For example, in Linux Brltty provides a 8 dot computer braille table, and if I check Orca preferences gui in braille page the enabled contracted braille check box, I enough choose hu1 table, this table is a 6 dot contraction table. So, in Linux not need the hu.ctb file future, but if this is need for hungarian NVDA users to see international 8 dot computer braille output, compatibility purpose need keeping this table. I now wayt the answer this question related for hungarian NVDA localization coordinator. hu1.ctb table will be containing only literal or contraction related operations (double hungarian letter pairs replacements, etc).
- chardefs-hu.cti: character and punctuation definitions.
- exceptionwords-hu.cti: This file containing word exceptions with need presenting different form the hu.ctb table defined letter replacements. This structure easyest me the future table maintenance, or new tables creation if this is need, for example hungarian shortest braille table, similar with english grade2 braille table. When I begin working the new table, I want doing a modular structure. For example, if an user found future an extension word, I need only add the word extension with extensionwords-hu.cti file, attach the patch and a developer with have commit permissions only need commit the patch. This structure is good and standard, or I need using the exception words containing table file part with different file extension?

2. If I would like doing future hiphenation table to not wrap braille display Orca Screen Reader a word with wrong part if not fill the word in braille display, what the best way to collect hiphenation table need containing words or letter parts with need hyphenating the word? For example, i have got a 32078 hungarian word containing list. If I see right, hyph-en-Us.dic hyphenation file not full words containing, so I think not need insert this 32078 words in a table.
Have an automated way to generating test hyphenation table?
Hyphenation tables always need using iso8859-1 codepage, or better using UTF-8 coding?

Liblouis is a wonderful project, yesterday evening I read an article for internet with begin medium good hungarian literal braille form. Thank you every developer hard work to this project development,

Attila