[liblouis-liblouisxml] odt2braille press release

  • From: Bert Frees <bert.frees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 12:34:05 +0200

Dear all,

I'm happy to let you know that finally an official press release of *odt2braille* has been launched today. odt2braille is the project I have been working on the past few months. It is a Braille extension to *OpenOffice.org* Writer, powered by *liblouisxml*. odt2braille will enable authors to print documents to a Braille embosser and to export documents as Braille files. The Braille output is well-formatted and highly customizable. The software is suited to both advanced and occasional Braille users.

A first alpha version for Windows is now available for download. All information can be found on the project website: *http://odt2braille.sourceforge.net*.

Bert