[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: intro and a few getting started questions

  • From: Laurel <laurel.stockard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 13:51:42 -0600

Ok, after performing the command
sudo chown -R laurelwheeler /usr/local
and then
sudo chmod -R u+w /usr/local
I got them all to symlink.
Then I went and tried to configure Liblouis and got the same Makeinfo
version 5.0 required message, so I will do some more digging and
figure out what to do next.
Laurel

On 1/5/15, Laurel <laurel.stockard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok I see what you are saying, I typed that in and got
>
> Laurels-MBP:downloads laurelwheeler$ brew link --overwrite --force texinfo
> Linking /usr/local/Cellar/texinfo/5.2...
> Error: Could not symlink share/texinfo/DebugTexinfo/DebugCount.pm
> /usr/local/share/texinfo/DebugTexinfo is not writable.
>

> so, I guess back to the drawing board for me. When I navigate through
> my folders I can find the homebrew folder under library and cashes or
> something like this, I've not found any texinfo or makeinfo files
> anywhere else. Ah well, more research for me. I swear, when I finally
> get Liblouis installed, I will be the happiest ever! I've almost
> entirely written up what would go in the new Armenian braille table,
> so I have the information all written down because I read the Liblouis
> tutorials and everything, so literally this is the only thing keeping
> me from succeeding with my entire project. I will not give up though.
> Laurel
>
> On 1/5/15, Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Laurel,
>>
>> Homebrew suggests you force the linking because the formula is
>> "keg-only",
>> and
>> that you overwrite any files already installed, because you've manually
>> tried to
>> install texinfo:
>>
>>    brew link --overwrite --force texinfo
>>

>> Laurel and Stockard writes:
>>
>>> I tried switching the makeinfo req version from 5 to 4.8 in configure,
>>> didn't
>>> work. I think my problem is symlinking texinfo 5.2 to my original
>>> makeinfo
>>> on
>>> my computer, see my other email for more. I did download the OS fix from
>>> github. Hopefully I can get this going at some point.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Laurel
>>
>> Laurel and Stockard writes:
>>
>>> I downloaded the latest fix from github like you all suggested. I still
>>> get
>>> the same makeinfo 5.0 error. So, I downloaded Homebrew like one of you
>>> gentlemen suggested and used that to install texinfo 5.2. I followed the
>>> directions that someone here on list gave me, I can't remember who but
>>> thank
>>> you for this, and I have one error message that I can't figure out how
>>> work
>>> around. I'm going to paste my terminal window below, and if one of you