[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: getopt_long and help2man

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:46:32 +0200

Hi all

On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 06:40 -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Setting up a separate branch for these things sounds like a good idea.

I created a separate branch where I added the getopt module of gnulib,
updated configure.ac and Makefile.am accordingly, modified
lou_checktable to use getopt.h and added option parsing to it and
finally added a man directory where help2man is invoked to build the man
page for lou_checktable. You should be able to try it out from the
gnu-lib branch (svn checkout
http://liblouis.googlecode.com/svn/branches/gnulib-branch
liblouis-gnulib)

I added a test (lou_checktable) to the tests directory which should
check if all the options are properly handled. When running `autoconf
-fi && ./configure && make && make test' the result seems to indicate
that all is well and the branch is ready for public review.

Unfortunately one test in `make test' fails and so does `make distcheck'
but that's another story.

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired