[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Stripping Carriage Returns

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 03:43:15 -0500

These opcodes and methods for getting rid of extra white space were
mostly inherited from brltty. I think a lot of screenreader users
appreciate them. I certainly do. Taking them out of tables would affect
practically every table, and I think a lot of users would be unhyappy
with the changes, even if they could use a table list to include a small
table that gets rid of extra white space, dashes, periods, and so on.

I don't think such a project should be considered seriously unless it
gets an overwhelming vote of approval.

John