[liblouis-liblouisxml] SV: Afrikaans table issue

  • From: Bue Vester-Andersen <bue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 18:43:56 +0200

Hi Greg,

I would definitely use the uplow opcode if at all possible.

E.g.:
uplow Éé 4-15

If the accented letters are defined as something else, you could also use
the always opcode as a work-around. However, when back-translating,
sometimes "uplow" takes preceedence over "always. I don't know exactly when
and if it is a bug or a feature.

Also, if you use dot 4 to mark other accents than acute, e.g. grave, so that
the same dot pattern is shared by several characters, the first definition
in the table will be the one used for back-translation.

HTH Bue