[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Preparing logging branch for inclusion

  • From: "Michael Whapples" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mwhapples@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 12:48:45 +0100

The windows nmake stuff seems to be working fine.

I have started on moving the logging code into logging.c.

The removing of printf statements is less clear, I question whether some of those may be more desirable left as printf to stderr, (eg. out of memory messages). We may wish to also add logging of the message, but I could imagine always wanting that to stderr so the user is made aware why things stopped.

Do people agree with that or do they feel it should go in logging and the controlling application decides how to show Error, Warning or Fatal messages from log (eg. for a gui application stderr probably doesn't make sense).

Michael Whapples
On 09/05/2014 13:04, Mesar Hameed wrote:
Hi Michael,

On Fri 09/05/14,12:30, Michael Whapples wrote:
I was feeling that may be a separate source file should be created
to deal with logging. How would I go about adding another source
file so that the build system picks it up?
I've just pushed a commit to your branch that should do the job.
Things look ok when I build on Linux, but my modifications to the windows make
file are untested.

thanks,
Mesar