[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: LibLouisUTDML and locked Braille

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 08:20:08 -0500

at present liblouisutdml does not handle locked braille. This is because
no decision was ever made as to how it should be implemented. The span
tag inside <brl> nodes has a class attribute. In the case of locked
braille this attribute could be given the value locked . However, it
would be better to use the modifiers attribute on the <brl> node itself
and give it the value locked. Some modifications on how liblouisutdml
handles <brl> nodes during a retranslation will also be necessary.

If the translation of something in the original text is modified and locked
that portion of the text will have to be marked up in some way.

There is a notranslate semantic action. This might be applied to
brl,modifiers,locked . In this case the <brl> node would contain braille
directly, with no index.

Hope this helps,
John