[liblouis-liblouisxml] Installing LibLouis on Windows 7

  • From: "Vic Beckley" <vic.beckley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 08:59:11 -0400

Hi all,

I am totally new to LibLouis. I am not a programmer, but have had a little
experience with it. I mainly am looking for a personal Braille translator
that will work on 64-bit Windows 7.

I downloaded and unpacked the archive for liblouis-2.1.1 into a folder. Then
according to the readme, I tried to run the configure enable-ucs4 command. I
get the error that this file is not an executable or batch file, which is
true in the Windows world. How do I create the program under the Windows
environment? Is there somewhere I can download a version already set up to
run as a 32-bit application for Windows?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vic