[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Has memory-handling changed in liblouis?

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 14:28:54 +0200

Hi John

"John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> This is mostly for Christian and Bert. When using formatFor utd in
> liblouisutdml I set aside about 64K for the input-positions array.

I don't think we changed anything  with regards to memory handling. I
mean we allocate memory for the new variable previousSrcMapping and free
it again, but that is about it.

> Do you have suggestions as to what might cause this problem and how it
> might be solved?

The only thing I can think of is the library versioning: you changed the
interface of liblouis by adding some stuff to louis.h or liblouis.h.
First, which header file is the interface of liblouis and second,
shouldn't you change the library version in liblouis if you have
additions to the interface (i.e. set LIBLOUIS_CURRENT to 5,
LIBLOUIS_REVISION to 0 and LIBLOUIS_AGE to 3).

Hope that helps

Tag der offenen Tuer
Die SBS laedt Sie herzlich ein: 30. Juni 2012 von 9 bis 16 Uhr.
Mehr Informationen erhalten Sie unter www.sbs.ch/offenetuer