[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Exensions to liblouisutdml

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 09:54:21 +0000

I think in the docx case the content is always in a certain file, so may be that should be possible to specify somewhere in a config file.

However remember the XML might reference information from other files in the archive, so possibly access to these should be allowed somehow when processing the XML (I can imagine external tools might want access).

I don't know about how to use zlib, at best I would have used it from python and all linking and such like has been done for me.

Michael Whapples
On 05/01/2013 05:11, John J. Boyer wrote:
Two extension have been discussed, a semantic action to callo a callback
or run an external program and the ability to extract an xml document
from a zip archive and translate it.

The first seems fairly straightforward. The new semantic action would be
extprog and the name of the program would be in the third column.

A problem with the second is that a zip archive may contain more than
one xml file. This is the case with docx and epub . In the case of the
latter, there are likely to be separate files for each chapter. How will
the liblouisutdml library know which file to use? How will it combine
files to produce a complete book?

This feature will probably use the zlib library. I seem to remember that
there were difficulties in including it in a dll. It is not in the
present ones.