[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Error in Indian tables

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: sreeja pam <sreeja.param@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 14:41:43 +0200

Hi sreeja

On 06/18/2014 06:59 PM, sreeja pam wrote:
Is your problem solved?

No unfortunately it is not solved. If you download the version of liblouis that includes your tables from https://github.com/liblouis/liblouis/archive/tables/indian.zip and run the test suite (./autogen.sh && ./configure && make check) you will see the error.

The problem is that there are indian tables that were provided by Samuel Thibault, namely new.ctb and sat.ctb, that include both devanagari.cti and bengali.cti. They both define the character class halal and hence you get a duplicate definition.

Can you please clarify the issue with Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx)?

I also want the
finalized set of tables that are ready to merge for my official records.

Please see https://github.com/liblouis/liblouis/archive/tables/indian.zip or check it out from https://github.com/liblouis/liblouis.

Can you please send me as a zip file or else please give me the link
from where I can download.

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 11:44 PM, sreeja pam <sreeja.param@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:sreeja.param@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hello Christian,
    The table names New.ctb and sat.ctb were not there in my package. My
    package does not have tables named new.ctb and sat.ctb. And also
    what is the character halal means, I am not able to identify this
    character. If you can give the  Unicode value of this character it
    will be helpful for me to understand.
    thanks
    sreeja

    On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:52 PM, Christian Egli
    <christian.egli@xxxxxx <mailto:christian.egli@xxxxxx>> wrote:

        Hi sreeja

        As you know the new Indian tables that you provided are in a
        branch and there is a pull request to merge them with main
        (https://github.com/liblouis/__liblouis/pull/3
        <https://github.com/liblouis/liblouis/pull/3>). I hope Mesar
        will find time soon to look at them.

        However before we need to fix an issue with two of the tables,
        namely new.ctb and sat.ctb. I describe this in
        https://github.com/liblouis/__liblouis/pull/3#issuecomment-__45834952
        <https://github.com/liblouis/liblouis/pull/3#issuecomment-45834952>
        but let me briefly repeat here:
        You define the character class halal in both devanagari.cti and
        bengali.cti. Now if you include both devanagari.cti and
        bengali.cti (as in new.ctb and sat.ctb) you will get two
        definitions of the halal charcter class and liblouis barfs.

        Can you find a way to fix this?

        Tag der offenen Tuer: Die SBS laedt Sie herzlich ein: 28. Juni
        2014 von 9 bis 16 Uhr. Mehr Informationen erhalten Sie unter
        http://www.sbs.ch/offenetuer