[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Emphasis: particularly for John Brugge

  • From: Paul Wood <paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 17:15:37 +0100

Thanks, John.
Paul

On 1 August 2011 17:10, John J. Boyer <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Trying to fix emphasis after the last word only broke things that were
> already working. The present emphasis algorithm was devised before I
> know much about braille codes besides what is used in the U.ls. It
> appears inadequate. I am devising a scripting language to handle the
> problem more effectively and understandably.
>
> John
>
> On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 04:44:06PM +0100, Paul Wood wrote:
> > Does this affect the Italic After problem?
> > Paul
> >
> > On 1 August 2011 14:15, John J. Boyer <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Emphasis and contractions in whole words now work properly. There are
> > > still problems with emphasis inside words, that is, where only part of
> > > word is emphasized. This may not concern Bookshare. To get the fixes
> you
> > > will have to go to the repositories for liblouis and liblouisutdml
> > >
> > > To fix the problems with liblouis I had to get lou_translateString.c
> and
> > > lou_backTranslateString.c from revision 405 in the repository. They do
> > > not use the consolidated code in transcommon.ci, but it is still in
> the
> > > repository. versions of lou-TranslateString.c and
> > > lou_backTranslateString.c which do use this code for ease of
> maintenance
> > > can be retrieved from other revisions. There is a possibility that
> going
> > > back to 405 may revive some bugs.
> > >
> > > John
> > >
> > > --
> > > John J. Boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
> > > Abilitiessoft, Inc.
> > > http://www.abilitiessoft.com
> > > Madison, Wisconsin USA
> > > Developing software for people with disabilities
> > >
> > > For a description of the software, to download it and links to
> > > project pages go to http://www.abilitiessoft.com
> > >

> --
> My websites:
> GodTouches Digital Ministry, Inc. http://www.godtouches.org
> Abilitiessoft, Inc. http://www.abilitiessoft.com
> Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Paul Wood, Technical Services Leader

*Torch Trust*

Torch House, Torch Way,

Market Harborough, Leics. LE16 9HL, UK

Direct Line: *+44(0)1858 438269*

Tel: *+44(0)1858 438260*, Fax: *+44(0)1858 438275*

Email: paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <paulwtpaulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Website: www.torchtrust.org

Chief Executive: Dr Gordon Temple
Charity No. 1095904

If you are not the intended recipient please destroy this message
and kindly notify the sender by reply email. The computer from which
this mail originates is equipped with virus screening software.
However Torch Trust cannot guarantee that the mail and its attachments
are free from virus infection.