[liblouis-liblouisxml] Double chardefs for patterns in 6 dot table

  • From: Bue Vester-Andersen <bue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 22:40:10 +0100

Hi again,

In the 8 dot table, quite a few of the 6 dots patterns are mapped to some
unusual characters. For instance:

sign \x00b5 236         MICRO SIGN
sign \x00b0 356         DEGREE SIGN

These chardefs are also necesary in the 6 dots table to work with displays
and printers, since they print a subset of the 8 dots range in 6 dots mode.
My problem is that in the 6 dots table, other characters use these patterns
as well, e.g. ( and ).

I understand that it is bad style, to say the least, to have several
characters map to the same Braille cell. So, how do I map ( and ) correctly?

Best regards Bue