[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Defaulting output to an embosser

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 13:06:43 -0500

Bic,

xml2brl is what is called a "filter". If no file names are given it
takes its input from the standard input unit, in this case the keyboard,
and sends its output to the standard output unit, in this case the
screen. This was done so that the output could be piped  to an embosser
driver. Since you don't need a driver you are using the generic printer
setting with your embosser.

One way to do what you want might be to write a simple bat file with a
line like the one below and call it file2brl.bat

xml2brl -- |prn

and put it in your sendto folder. I don't know if this is quite correct,
since I haven't tried it. Please experiment and let us know what you
come up with.