[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Changing version control system to git.

  • From: Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 15:48:42 +0200

Hi John,

The link for signing up is https://github.com/join. And this article
explains how to access the new repository with svn:
https://help.github.com/articles/support-for-subversion-clients. In
short, this is what you need to do if you want to create a new feature
branch and commit to that branch.

svn checkout https://github.com/liblouis/liblouis

Notice that the URL doesn't have the ".git" suffix. You can add
"--depth empty" for a partial checkout to save bandwidth.

svn update trunk
svn copy trunk branches/jboyer_some-amazing-new-feature

The "jboyer_" prefix reminds everybody of who is working on that
feature.

/Bert