[liblouis-liblouisxml] Backtranslation problem

  • From: lars@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Lars Bjørndal)
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:57:46 +0100

Hello!

John, I think this is food for you.

I have a really strange issue regarding backtranslation, that I cannot
solve by myself.

I'm using liblouis-1.4.0, and liblouisxml-1.7.0 at the moment. One
table that can be used to reproduce this, is No-No-g2.ctb.

If I backtranslate the word "ei", which is a Norwegian word by itself,
it's backtranslated into "elleri", e.g. the letter "e" is
backtranslated into "eller" as it should have been if the "e" was
alone, and the letter "i" is added. The word "eller" is defined as
word in the table, not begword. If I try to backtranslate "ef", this
does not happen.

The same happens with "bli". "bl" is backtranslated into "blant", and
the "i" is added. "blant" is defined as word too.

I've read the tables up and down, but I cannot understand why this
should happen. Hope you can help me!

Lars